Here is the schedule for Monday, February 6, 2017!  Use this forum to post questions, comments, and shout-outs about anything happening on Monday of Writers Week XXIII!

Views: 550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was my first year at writers week and I was curious what it was going to be like. Mary Fons was the person speaking during my period. Her poems were great and her story was really funny and I was looking forward to next day because of how much I enjoyed myself the first day.
I loved Mary Fons presentation about poetry and writing. She really helped me understand that writers can come from anywhere. Also she helped me improve on my story telling by talking about how to write or tell a good story.
I saw the fourth period student performances and it was so much fun. They all had so much confidence and character and all of their pieces were each so different and unique. I also went first period to see Mary Fons, who, as many people have already said, was hilarious and I'm hoping to see her again next year with updates on the receiving room guy.
I saw Taylor Moli during my 8th period. Absolutely stunning performance, I really have no clue how he was able to get in front of a crowd like that and speak his poems with such confidence and conviction. Like many people that period, "The The Impotence of Proofreading" is a hilarious poem, but I truly liked "On Girls Lending Pens" for its simplicity and easy to follow rhyme scheme.
I loved having the chance to see Taylor Mali perform! We got to talk about him in class, and we saw one of his slam poetry pieces. His performance definitely topped what I expected, he was very hilarious, he seemed like a really smart and interesting person, and all his poems were great. I think I most enjoyed his last poem the importance of proofreading, because it was so creative and it was really funny.
I loved having the chance to see Taylor Mali perform! We got to talk about him in class, and we saw one of his slam poetry pieces. His performance definitely topped what I expected, he was very hilarious, he seemed like a really smart and interesting person, and all his poems were great. I think I most enjoyed his last poem the importance of proofreading, because it was so creative and it was really funny.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Russ Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service