Feel free to post any thoughts or comments you have about the first day of Writers Week - Monday, Feb. 27! You can also access the Fremd Writers Week Ning here: fremdwritersweek.ning.com

Period 1: STUDENTS - Rebecca Wight, Jenny Surber, Bushra Shams, Natalie Holbrook, Mike McGinn, Jack Nebel Jr., Melissa Poczatek, Steve Arimura

Period 2: STUDENTS - Katie McElheny, MiKayla Hahnfeld, Megan Schalk, Kellie Boberek, Colleen Francis, Liz Amanieh, Katie Dusek

Period 3: Emily Rose, Performance Poet

Period 4: Thomas Kennedy, Author ofIn the Company of Angelsand others

Periods 5&6: Sierra DeMulder, Performance Poet

Periods 7&8: Dann Gire, Daily Herald Movie Critic

Tags: fremd, poetry, week, writers, writing

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the first day of writers week, I attended first period and got to watch allof my fellow students tell their storys and share their work, but one girl specifically stood out to me. Natalie Holbrook's tribute to her best friend was a touching story and it really inspired me to sincerely think about applying to be a part of writers week next year! I could easily relate to her story and it made me very greatful to have a good friend in my life that has helped me through these past two years of my highschool career.

I saw first period with my class and really liked a lot of the presentors. Natalie Holbrook's piece was very touching. I love the idea of paying tribute to a best friend. It's definitely heart-warming. My favorite piece was Steven Arimura's! I love how he incorporated the seven deadly sins! Cool touch.

Just saw Dann Gire 7th period for writer's week. Overall an excellent presentation, I learned That there is more to a movie than good or bad. The job a movie critic must perform is much more technical than most people may think. Movie critics perform a complex job of depicting the true meaning of movies rather than decide if it is good or bad.
Just saw Dann Gire 7th period for writer's week. Overall an excellent presentation, I learned That there is more to a movie than good or bad. The job a movie critic must perform is much more technical than most people may think. Movie critics perform a complex job of depicting the true meaning of movies

My favorite speaker today was Mikayla Hahnfeld. She was my favorite speaker because i was simply touched by her story. She certtainly made me understand what tragedy meant to her. It touched me emotionally for the simple fact of expressing her thoughts about her father. Her thoughts were well organized and i think she has alot of courage to come in front of an audience and speak of her father's death.

Writers step out of their comfort zone and she did just that. Her writing touched everyone in a different way.She made me realize how important it is to love a person and care for them and treat them right when they are alive because tommorrow is not promised to anyone. Also how precious life is and should not be taken for granted. I absolutely liked her writing and her story and the way she presented it.

I heard the students during 2nd hour, and I thought Katie Dusek's was the most outstanding. I loved how she put forth her feelings into her speech and how she was stressed out about being bullied all the time. She doesn't seem like the person to get bullied but after hearing her speech, changed my mind about bullying. She even talked about her personal experience on bullying. Just listening to her story made me change as a person because she told us to step up for other people when in need of help.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Russ Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service