Summer is an excellent time to read books of your own choosing!  With that in mind, this Forum is a place to read and share book recommendations.  Please add your own recommendations or respond to others in the comments section below. 

Views: 5906

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recommend The Host, by Stephanie Meyers. This is more for the girls, but there isn't too much romance in it, so anyone could read it. This is a pretty long book, but once you get in to the book, it's amazing. I was actually surprised by how much I liked this book! Even if you didn't like the Twilight series, this book has a completly different style, so check it out!

I would recommend reading The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. This was one of the best books I have read in a long time. It is a relatively short book and it only took me one day to read the whole thing, although I'm planning to read it more than once. I think fans of almost any genre would love this!

I would recommend reading Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin.  This book really gets you thinking about what happens after death. It tells the story of a girl who dies young from an accident.  This novel is great for anyone looking for something fantastic to read.

I recommend any book by Mitch Albom, really! My friend recently introduced me to him and I just fell in love with his books! I read Five People You Meet in Heaven and Tuesdays with Morrie all in a course of two days. Albom's books are heart-wrenching but heart-warming at the same time. I really recommend these books for anyone looking for something more than their average love/action/mystery novel!

13 Reasons Why is an awesome book to add to your summer reading list! I also like the book How to Ruin a Summer Vacation! It fits in with the mood that you will be in (summer vacartion).

If you didn't read First They Killed My Father yet in your Sophomore English class yet, it's deffinitley a great book!  And it's good for any age even if you haven't read it yet.

I personally really enjoy historical fiction, so if multiple plot lines and a dense read isn't an issue, Pillars of the Earth, World without End, and Fall of Giants, all by Ken Follet, are perfect Summer reading books. 

I read the book, "normal girl" although it is your typical teen book, it really is such a good book, and you feel like you're in with the charactors.

I'm reading How to Build a House by Dana Reignhardt right now, and I'm about half way through. It's really good so far, and it's short, sweet, and cute. 

I think that Insignia by S.J. Kincaid would make a great summer reading book.

I think that Divergent by Veronica Roth would make a good summer reading book

I really enjoyed reading Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I would recommend it to any girls that like romance books. It does get a little unrealistic, but its still a good read.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Russ Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service