All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Final Exam Review: Periods 2 and 8

Part I:  Greek roots 1-12 Part II:  In a format you feel best demonstrates your analytical and rhetorical competencies, please discuss…

Started by Gary Anderson

15 Jan 13
Reply by Kevin Stevens

SUMMER READING RECOMMENDATIONS

Summer is an excellent time to read books of your own choosing!  With that in mind, this Forum is a place to read and share book recommenda…

Started by Gary Anderson

65 Oct 21, 2013
Reply by Ema M

Beachside Reading

Hey everyone, It's March 1st! You know what that means, right?! Yes, spring break is in exactly 22 days. But who's counting? Everyone. Eve…

Started by Adam Bieda

6 May 29, 2013
Reply by Patrick Chen

The Rights of the Reader

Take a look at Daniel Pennac's The Rights of the Reader. What do you think? Do you ever feel like any of these rights are not honored? Wh…

Started by Gary Anderson

21 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Guru Dhaliwal

Who doesn't like a little friendly competition?

I go through books like crazy. Ok, not like crazy, but I read a bit faster than your average bear. I know that I'm not the only one. (I…

Started by Alisaur Maniscalco

24 May 22, 2012
Reply by Annie Parng

ACT Preparation

The best ways to prepare for the ACT +Writing test are to read when you don't have to, attend the ACT practice sessions offered at school,…

Started by Gary Anderson

4 May 10, 2012
Reply by jacob garwin

Spring Break (Reading) Adventures

Whether your spring break is a vacation, stay-cation, or way-cation, reading will probably be a part of it, right?  How about using this sp…

Started by Gary Anderson

4 May 9, 2012
Reply by Angel Agrawal

Pathetic Winter

It's January and there is no snow on the ground! What's up with that! We should be playing in two feet of snow building snowmen and throwin…

Started by David Schmit

12 Feb 12, 2012
Reply by Griffin Warren

Books to Avoid?

If you're an English 208 student, you're probably on track to take AP English classes during your junior and senior years.  And if you're t…

Started by Gary Anderson

0 Oct 4, 2011

Book Blog Examples

Last year, Mr. G. Anderson had his class complete book blogs on independent reading books, much like you are being asked to do for your sum…

Started by Russ Anderson

1 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Gary Anderson

RSS

© 2014   Created by Russ Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service